HTML Documents From The Object Agency, Inc.
Last Updated: September 22, 1995
This page has been accessed 2100 times since June 27, 1995.
The Object Agency, Inc. is pleased to make the following html documents available. All documents
are formatted with hypertext mark-up language. You may also FTP the documents from ftp.toa.com/pub/html.
- "Basic Object-Oriented Concepts" This short illustrated
article introduces such object-oriented concepts as classes, encapsulation, inheritance, and systems of
objects. It is about 12 printed pages in length. (61757 bytes, contained in
- "A Comparison of Object-Oriented Development Methodologies"
This 1992-1993 report compares 10 different OO development methodologies, including Berard,
Booch, Coad/Yourdon, Colbert, Embly and Kurtz, IBM, Martin/Odell, Rumbaugh, Shlaer/Mellor,
and Wirfs-Brock. It is about 70 printed pages in length. (1234 bytes)
- "Selecting and Using Consultants for Object-Oriented
Technology" Check this out before you hire a consultant. (21652 bytes)
- "Mapping the Berard Object-Oriented Method into
DoD-2167A" This article also contains a brief overview of the BOOM methodology. (142805
bytes, contained in 19 files)
- "Metrics for Object-Oriented Software Engineering"
This article presents a brief introduction to both software engineering metrics and object-oriented
software engineering metrics. It does include a bibliography. (34757 bytes)
- Object and Class Specifications: An Object and Class Specification is a
high-level, programming-language-independent way to specify classes, metaclasses,
parameterized classes, and (in some cases) non-class instances. They are reusable software
and are used in analysis, design, testing, and other object-oriented software engineering
- Bounded List (28793
bytes, contained in 6 files)
- Bid (22990 bytes, contained in
- Button (12343 bytes, contained in
- Destination Panel (29905 bytes, contained in
- Floor Arrival Panel (20329 bytes, contained in
- Lamp (9026 bytes, contained in
- Read Only Port (17656 bytes, contained in
- Shared Motor (24071 bytes, contained in
- Write Only Port (15743 bytes, contained in
- "Object-Oriented Software Engineering Bibliography"
This is a bibliography of almost 900 references to various aspects of object-oriented software
engineering technology. (1204 bytes)
- "Software Reusability Bibliography" There are
literally tens of thousands of references on software reusability. These few references
should get you started. (1190 bytes)
- "Software Testing Bibliography" Here are some
references from our Testing Object-Oriented Software course. We hope that you find them
useful. (40163 bytes)
- "Software Metrics Bibliography" This bibliography
includes a few references to metrics for object-oriented software engineering. (40163
- "Management Bibliography" This bibliography comes
from our course on managing object-oriented software development projects. Enjoy.
- The U.S. Department of Defense and Software Reuse: These 6 very short documents, written in the mid-1980s,
discuss examples of real obstacles to making software reusability a reality.
Does the DoD Really Want Reusable Software? (4382 bytes)
Does the DoD Really Want Reusable Software? (Part 2) (9867 bytes)
Does the DoD Really Want Reusable Software? (Part 3) (4197 bytes)
Does the DoD Really Want Reusable Software? (Part 4) (5049 bytes)
Does the DoD Really Want Reusable Software? (Part 5) (4166 bytes)
Software Reusability: We Know More Than You Think (8351 bytes)